Steven C. Wolf
T. (312) 492-4085
F. (312) 267-0165
Mr. Wolf has more than 30 years of experience as a civil trial attorney. He is licensed in all courts in the state of Illinois and Wisconsin, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and The United States Supreme Court.
He is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel. He previously served as the Secretary, Vice Chair, and Chair of the Tort Litigation Committee of the Chicago Bar Association.
He completed his undergraduate education at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. His legal education was completed at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago.
Mr. Wolf has tried more than forty jury trials to verdict, many of which involved damages in excess of $1 million. He has tried jury trials to verdict in the following venues:
- The Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago (Cook County, Illinois)
- Markham (Cook County, Illinois)
- Wheaton (DuPage County, Illinois)
- Yorkville (Kendall County, Illinois)
- Dixon (Lee County, Illinois)
- Pekin (Tazewell County, Illinois)
- Springfield (Sangamon County, Illinois)
- Decatur (Macon County, Illinois)
- Ottawa (LaSalle County, Illinois)
- Hammond (Lake County, Indiana)
Mr. Wolf has tried jury trials to verdict involving the following causes of action:
- Construction Negligence
- Wrongful Death/Survival Act
- Illinois Structural Work Act
- Construction Defects
- Transportation/Trucking Negligence
- Automobile Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Social Worker Malpractice
- Veterinary Malpractice
- Municipal Liability
- Property Damage
- Unjust Enrichment
- Breach of Contract
Mr. Wolf has presented numerous seminars to insurance companies and other clients on subjects related to Illinois tort law and the defense of Workers' Compensation claims. A significant part of his practice is devoted to defending cases arising out of construction activities.
Mr. Wolf has also been selected to act as Arbitrator in numerous uninsured and under-insured automobile cases. He has been sought out and retained by other attorneys to act as trial counsel in complex tort cases.